× Members

PIP1- use of DLA/ESA Information

More
4 years 2 months ago #244090 by Patel
PIP1- use of DLA/ESA Information was created by Patel
My last DLA was granted in 2009 - Low rate care,High rate mobility. No review date.
The ESA last given May 2016, ESA support group. No review date. Both these awards were granted without face to face interview ( medicals). I have copies of all alll submissions.I did not
request medical report from DWP on either. In PIP 1 it asks if they should refer to DLA award
and ESA award and request ESA file. Whether my GP or any of the 5 conultants treating me
were contacted or not i dont know. My aim is to at least get standard rate PIP. Looking back
many submissions on care components were ignored.
What is the suggestion.
Pat..
I

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244105 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP1- use of DLA/ESA Information
Hi Patel

If you are changing over from DLA to PIP then you need to carefully go through the form as the criteria is not the same. Please don't assume because you had no assessments before that they will not want to see you this time. They may not - but only 3 - 5% of claimants get a paper-based review for PIP.

Make sure that you get any recent evidence from doctors/consultants/medical professionals - because the DWP favours stuff that is less than three years old. You can request them to look back at your old files but you could request copy yourself (from the DWP)- so you know what was written.

Do have a look at our guide for any help you need in completing the form.
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...pip/pip-claims-guide

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.