× Members

Pip Assessment

More
4 years 2 months ago #244097 by caroline sharp
Pip Assessment was created by caroline sharp
Hi. I was due to have a review pip Assessment last week but an hour and a half before the assessor was due (having an at home assessment) to arrive I received a phone call advising me that the assessor was sick. They have re scheduled for a week on Friday. My question is will there be any new questions to answer that might have come about since my first assessment back in 2015. My expiry date wasn't until June this year so why am I being reassessed so early. Also if I am unwell on the day of my assessment will I be able to cancel the appointment and still get my benefit??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244098 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip Assessment
Hi Susy

You can check out the questions you may be asked at your assessment here
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...r-medical-assessment

You are being assessed 5 months before the end date - this isn't early. They used to review 12 months before the end date and officially that has not changed, though members have been reporting it is now six months before - which is an improvement.

If you are unwell you can cancel the appointment, but you can only do this on one occasion and you will have to accept whatever date they offer you after that. If a second appointment is cancelled your papers will be returned to the DWP and your entire claim could be at risk of being cancelled.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.