× Members

ESA again already!

More
4 years 1 month ago #244122 by RedRed
ESA again already! was created by RedRed
Hello :)

Can't believe it's time for ANOTHER assessment already. It's only been just over a year I think since the last one.

Just starting a thread for myself for the inevitable questions I'm going to have, and say thank you in advance for being there. I am so grateful to everyone.

My form has to be back by 4 March, I think. When can I call to request an extension? As I recall, I have to wait till nearer the date?

I suppose my first question is - has much changed in the last year or so?

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #244136 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA again already!
RedRed

There are no extensions available for completing the ESA50, even if you are offered one you should still return the form on time. The DWP may accept a Late form but you still run the risk of them treating it as not returned.

There have been no changes to the ESA criteria since you were last assessed but there may have been changes to the form but these are just cosmetic.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRed

More
3 years 10 months ago #248102 by RedRed
Replied by RedRed on topic ESA again already!
Hi :) I passed ESA. I was waiting for a medical assessment over the phone or something, I know face to face aren't happening right now. But I got a letter I passed! I have requested the decision makers report and also the medical report (?? I'm not sure what it's called, the DWP call centre person suggested it). They passed me for 2 years. It's really caught me by surprise!

I didn't write 40+ pages like last time. I got the sense no one read it anyway, PIP certainly didn't. I figured they had it on file so I just wrote an overview of my condition for each question. I wrote just enough to fill the boxes, no additional sheets, I kept it simple, to the point, no frills, etc. A bit like the medical reports. 'due to abc, can't do xyz'. My GP did a letter of support. And then I just resubmitted all the usual medical evidence I send them every time. It's really annoying they demand that. I send the same stuff every year or so. What a waste of paper. But anyway, did that. And I passed.

I don't feel excited so much as exhausted. I'm glad to get a break for a couple of years and I'm grateful I passed though. :) Till next time...

Thank you for being there, I hope everyone is well. Stay safe :)

More
3 years 10 months ago #248108 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA again already!
RedRed

I am very pleased for you, congratulations on the new award.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @ESA

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRed

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.