× Members

PIP extension- will they contact before deadline?

More
4 years 2 months ago #244149 by annie-rose
Hello,

I haven't got an extension for my PIP renewal form yet and am hoping to get it in by the deadline (Friday) but I just wondered- if I do get a family member to phone and ask for an extension- are the DWP likely to phone me or my consultant about my claim BEFORE I send the form?

When I last sent my ESA form in this happened- I asked for an extension but they contacted my consultant in advance of my extended deadline. I have recently read online though that there are no official ESA extensions so maybe that's why? I would rather they made the decision on the basis of my form and supporting evidence.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244152 by Gary
Hi Ellie

I would contact DWP if you require an extension for your PIP. Just before Christmas they were doing it automatically as I contacted them for an extension and they informed me they had already given me one due to issues they were having with their post.

I cannot see the DWP contacting your consultant before you send in the form, how will they know who to contact? It is quite rare for DWP to contact doctors/consultants.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.