× Members

PIP success

More
4 years 2 months ago #244379 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic PIP success
Congrats to you both on your awards!

Just a thought but would anyone think that they would give a light touch to people who will reach retirement within the next decade? Obviously a long term condition would come in to this too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244386 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP success

Bud wrote: Congrats to you both on your awards!

Just a thought but would anyone think that they would give a light touch to people who will reach retirement within the next decade? Obviously a long term condition would come in to this too.

As far as we are aware Light Touch reviews will only be applied to On-Going awards, even ten year awards are not included.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
4 years 2 months ago #244392 by Esme999
Replied by Esme999 on topic PIP success
That was my understanding too Gordon that it would be Ongoing awards that would be given light touch reviews as I will be pensionable age too when my review will take place.

My award does say Ongoing but it does not mention light touch and my condition won't get any better but will only deteriorate with time.

I was interested to have it confirmed that the wording had changed.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244394 by Esme999
Replied by Esme999 on topic PIP success
SLW not sure if the fact your award was made at tribunal makes a difference as it was my understanding that it was Ongoing awards only that would receive a light touch review when the person had reached pensionable age so this is a new terminology that is being use if it is actually being worded as such in award letters.
I have an ongoing award which will be reviewed when I have reached pensionable age but there is no mention of a light touch review just that it will be reviewed .

More
4 years 2 months ago #244475 by SLW
Replied by SLW on topic PIP success

Esme999 wrote: SLW not sure if the fact your award was made at tribunal makes a difference as it was my understanding that it was Ongoing awards only that would receive a light touch review when the person had reached pensionable age so this is a new terminology that is being use if it is actually being worded as such in award letters.
I have an ongoing award which will be reviewed when I have reached pensionable age but there is no mention of a light touch review just that it will be reviewed .

It is my letter from DWP that states light touch review in March 2029, the court used the wording inappropriate to fix a term. The is no mention of ongoing award as this was a move from DLA to PIP.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244487 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP success
SLW

"inappropriate to fix a term" translates to an On-Going award,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.