× Members

UC

More
4 years 2 months ago #244163 by Anna
UC was created by Anna
Hello,

I phoned UC as advised.

It was a strange conversation! Initially the person said I my account didn’t appear to have a need for re-assessment.

I pointed our that I have been told in my journal in October 19 and the form had been posted. She checked and said yes, you’re right.

Then she said according to the system you never returned the form. I had a minor panic and said my CPN had returned both the PIP and UC50 form at the same time and I had heard back from PIP.

She said well your payment should have been affected my the money return statement. But I’m still getting the unable to work element and no letter. She said thus is very strange.

Her advice was to sit tight and wait.... not great for a person with severe anxiety as she said they could stop my payments but I would get a letter before they did,

Has anyone had an experience like this?

Do I just sit it out or try find out what has actually happened?

Thanks

Anna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244184 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC
Anna

I can't tell from your previous posts whether this is a reassessment of your UC claim or a new claim.

The DWP are usually really hot on a failure to return a form and I am surprised that they have not contacted you although I am aware that there are lots of problems with claimant communication under UC.

A failure to return the form would not necessarily affect your UC payments, for example; if this was a new claim or you currently have an award of UC and the claim was made after March 2017 then your payments would remain the same but you would be moved to the Work Group.

You can try contacting Maximus/HAAS/CHDA, they are responsible for the UC assessments and the UC50 is actually returned to them rather than the DWP.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #244216 by Anna
Replied by Anna on topic UC
Thank you Gordon.

I just spoke to them and they did receive the form, but they were waiting for further info from my GP which they have now received.

So it’s waiting to be assessed. I was never moved off the unable to work group so it all seemed very strange.

Just got to wait for a decision now.

Anna

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.