× Members

Mr query

More
4 years 2 months ago #244164 by ukLee
Mr query was created by ukLee
credit to the DWP requested assessment report on Monday it arrived yesterday.

I'm trying not to read anything into the report I will wait for the official letter from the DM.

What I do find a little scary is that I submitted doctors reports and 2 care packages assessments from two different social workers who basically said the same but in 58 minutes the assessor doesn't appear to agree.

Report states I'm able to walk a metre but not 20 in pain etc. But then states I'm able to deal with my incontinence with aids. if I have issues walking how the hell m I going to go to the toilet or whatever and change my pads?

The assessor said I looked very clean and tidy. are you meant to turn up dirty with food stains down your clothing? I have good care around me.

If I don't receive the high rate of care in pip but do for mobility are you able to request an MR just for the care component alone or does the MR consider both?

I know Im jumping the gun but like many it the topic of conversation because we are worried. The partner said if I receive the lower payment for care just accept it rather than cause problems. I beleive I should request an MR because I need a higher level of care its £20 differents per week a lot of money for me right now.

I can't wait for all this to be sorted. Disgraceful people who have long term care needs are being accessed in 58 minutes. I have great days and really bad days. This does not appear to be taken into account.

I presume the DM take a lot of notice of the assessors report more than anything else. Aret he DM required by the rules to take account of the claimants statements in the form completed for pip?
Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #244167 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mr query
Hi UKLee

If you have not had the official letter yet, you can write to the decision maker and questions bits in the report that you think may be incorrect. There is a very small window to do this and it may not make a difference, but some claimants choose to do so. But you would need to do it now. Yes the decision makers do tend to follow the assessor - but that is why it may be worth sending a letter before they make their final decision.

You say are the DM supposed to take account of the statements included in a claim. They should look at everything. How much weight they put on things is anyone's guess.

During a Mandatory Reconsideration, they look at a whole claim not part of it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by BIS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.