× Members

The use of the words 'good insight' by the HP

More
4 years 2 months ago #244195 by PBR Street Gang
The use of the words 'good insight' by the HP was created by PBR Street Gang
Hi

Just wanted an opinion.

The HP observed that X has good a 'good insight' during Mental State Examination (MSE) and when talking
about suicide.

The word 'insight' is used in part 1 of the DWP's Assessment Criteria, but does not say
if the word good or any other can be applied to it.

Therefore would the following statement be the right response in in challenging this observation;

The HP referred to X's ‘good insight’ during his MSE. What remains is that there is no guidance in the DWP 1 regarding word ‘good’ and that it can be reliably applied, to someone who is taking anti-psychotic medication because he lacks 'good insight' t to begin with.

Best Regards
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244217 by BIS
Hi Paul

The assessor has offered an opinion. Obviously it's up to you what you write, but I wouldn't get caught up in trying to say they can't use the word good or how it is applied. Even if a case manager when reviewing the claim disagrees with the word 'good' it will make no difference to the award offered.

When challenging a decision the greatest focus should be on where X didn't score points and you think they should have done against the PIP criteria. So if for example X's mental health and the medication they take is preventing them from communicating well, or being able to prepare food for themselves, or leaving the house and the assessor thought they could do all these things well, then refute that.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #244266 by Jo2468
My own assessment report showed I had 'good insight'into my mental health. Goddamn right tbh. I know and understand what I suffer from.... I have never once denied it. To be aware of what I have and the difficulties posed by it, doesnt make me stupid nor does it help in my rehabilitation. My recent assessment report shows many references to the 'Has good insight'

That same assessment report increased my points. Despite having an insight. Take from that what you will.
An insight is just that...... an insight.
X

More
4 years 2 months ago #244282 by Shellyj79
Replied by Shellyj79 on topic The use of the words 'good insight' by the HP
I had exactly the same put on my assessment report that I have good insight into my mental health illnesses, I should think I have I've been living with it the past 18 years and have undergone lots of therapy over those years aswell where its constantly explained to me, so I was awarded 0 points on everything again this time around, MR stayed the same so now I'm on the long road of waiting for a tribunal. I've not let it put me off appealing because transfer from dla to pip the assessor said exactly the same and I was awarded pip at tribunal, if anything its made me angry and more determined to fight it this time around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jo2468

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.