× Members

Advice for appeal

More
4 years 2 months ago #244228 by LorraineB
Advice for appeal was created by LorraineB
Looking for a bit of advice .PIP assess in may.Turned down. MR turned down.Two weeks later offered standard daily living by phone call.First time applicant.Decided to go to appeal because I felt the assessment was not truthful.They had not bothered to get medical evidence.Also I am so confused by the criteria to get PIP I felt that I would get a fairer hearing at appeal.After meeting welfare representative this week I have been very down.She basically said that she will do a summary of the issues she feels I qualify for and put that forward at the appeal.She also said I should have taken what I was offered.I don t feel that she has any understanding of my issues.I have a lot of evidence and described my issues in detail.She says this might go against me because It shows I don t have cognitive issues.My doctor says otherwise.I also asked my husband and mother to do letters of support.She said these will go against me because they are saying my fatigue is worse and that I will be assessed as to how I was on the original assessment.If this is the case I don t have the memory to go back to may last year but it is all in black and white.Why am I even needed at the appeal.I am so confused.On the basis of pip questions I would score nothing but when I consider pain,fatigue,safety I believe that they do apply to me.Any advice would be wonderful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244250 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice for appeal
Lorraine

I think the Welfare Rep meant that you could have accepted the DWP offer and then still requested an appeal for a higher award.

The Tribunal panel can only consider your conditions and limitations as they were at the time that the Decision being appealed was made, so if the letters refer to your conditions as they are now then they may be excluded.

You don't have to attend your appeal, you can opt for what is called a Paper Hearing but the success rate is lower and if your submission is not a clear explanation of your problems then you may be better attending so that the panel can ask you questions about your problems.

As to the PIP criteria, have you looked at our PIP Claim guide? If you have specific questions we may be able to help you in the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LorraineB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.