× Members

Income support ended and just applying for ESA

More
4 years 2 months ago #244242 by Debz
I am on five different pills and my partner died so my income support ended. I was on income support and carers allowance. I also get enhanced mobility and care but that partly goes to pay for my carers and mobility scooters. Until ESA is sorted what do I do about my prescriptions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244255 by Gordon
Debz

Have a look at the following

www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/help-with-healt...-prescription-costs/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Debz

More
4 years 2 months ago #244269 by Debz
The problem is I will be going onto ESA so it’s just the time I am between benefits that I need covering . I am going to apply for low income so this should cover me until ESA is sorted out x

More
4 years 2 months ago #244277 by Gary
Hi Debz

I hate to bring you bad news, as your Income Support has stopped and unless you get a SDP then you will have to apply for Universal Credit or 'New Style ESA' which you have to do on line as it is digital by default. If you have no internet then DWP can make alternate arrangements.
www.gov.uk/how-to-claim-new-style-esa

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.