× Members

Disability and enhanced premiums

More
4 years 2 months ago #244298 by Flower
Disability and enhanced premiums was created by Flower
Hi.

I have a question regarding disability premiums. If I understand correctly, if you are receiving ESA and PIP you qualify for a disability premium.

If you receive ESA and high rate PIP you qualify for “enhanced” disability premium. This is £16.80 a week for a single person.

If you receive PIP and ESA (I’m not sure what rates for PIP on this one, I can’t find it) you receive disability premium which is £34.35 per week for a single person.

So my questions are this, is this paid automatically when you win your claim? Or do you have to claim for these separately? And also, why is the “enhanced” disability premium less than the disability premium?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244310 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Disability and enhanced premiums
Hi quinnsanders0

You have to be in receipt of the enhanced daily living component of PIP or high care component of DLA to be eligible to claim the Enhanced Disability premium with your ESA claim, you are also eligible to claim the SDP element providing you meeting the qualifying conditions.

There are conditions on receiving a Disability Premium.
www.gov.uk/disability-premiums

Yes, it should be paid automatically but I have come across numerous cases where the SDP has been omitted, you can ask for an 'any time review' which I do regularly, last one just before Christmas where the claimant got a backdated payment of over £9,500 plus going forward an extra £65.85 pw.

As to your question 'why is the “enhanced” disability premium less than the disability premium?', this is a question you need to ask the Secretary of State for Works and Pensions

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #244336 by Flower
Replied by Flower on topic Disability and enhanced premiums
Thanks a lot for responding! I think I figured out why enhanced is less from the page you linked, because you cannot get disability premium with ESA. Just enhanced if you’re getting PIP or another benefits aswell.

Also how do I change my name? I went on my profile but couldn’t find the edit button. Thanks again.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244339 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Disability and enhanced premiums
Hi Flower

You are correct in your figuring out.

In regards to changing your name follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.