× Members

PIP success a great big thank you for helping me

More
4 years 1 month ago #246070 by twinkle
Thank you to all the team at B&W and all of the members who have made an impact on my result by sharing information on this site. I have been a member for quite some time now and I wouldn’t be where I am now without the guidance.
I have had 3 long battles with the DWP it’s been tough but I have managed to come out on top each time and I believe that’s because I’m a member of Benefits & Work. The latest ‘Mad’venture started in August when my 5 year review for PIP dropped through the door. Filled in the form & a home assessment came though 6.1.20.
After all our experience we were prepared and knew we needed to have it recorded to try to prevent untruths which we’d had in the past. We also ran another recording which was from the time she walked into our home until the time she left, to clear ourselves we told her as soon as she came in that we were recording and she answered that it was fine. 1 hour and a half later the twin recording stopped and off the lovely accessor went after kissing me on the cheek and telling me to get to bed to get some sleep of course she probably thought the recording had stopped and didn’t think this would be heard on a separate one.
We phoned the DWP a few days later and asked for a copy of her report. Wow! What a shock she advised the Decision Maker in her opinion I was entitled to 2 points. Tribunal 5 years ago gave me 27 points and yet I told her and sent in evidence of my deteriorating health. Rather than wait for the DWP to make their own decision we wrote a 13 page letter of complaint to the Independent Assessment Service on 20th Jan and sent a copy to the DWP, we always send everything recorded delivery and keep copies of everything. (I’m happy to share this letter if that’s appropriate, maybe one of the administrators could let me know)
In the letter we wrote about everything we had an issue with and then went on to justify why each descriptor was wrong and proved her own justifications were not correct. We weren’t too rude or nasty to her but we just made it abundantly clear that she has misunderstood, misjudged, had insufficient knowledge of my condition which is quite rare...Pelvic Radiation Disease, didn’t read up on all the evidence and past history and correspondence, judged a book by the cover and didn’t appreciate I have hidden debilitating disabilities, twisted and omitted words which were said to her, absolutely lied over what she saw me do like walk around, lean forward but of course this can’t be heard on their copy of the recording but we told them we have proof and we have proof of the ‘Judas’ kiss too!
Well great news! DWP have given me enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility until 2030 before even having to do a Mandatory Reconsideration...I think our complaint letter probably covered this. It has not been easy and I couldn’t have done it without you and also my partner’s help.
Fortunately although I am ill I’m a very determined person and will fight for what’s right but it’s very difficult to do...so stressful especially if you are working, I’m sure many poorly people will give up the struggle because it’s just too draining & that is what I believe the DWP are hoping for.
Don’t give up, use all the fantastic support and information on here, stick to the timescale or ask for an extension but if you missed something out on your form or at your assessment write to the DWP and tell them in great detail. When you phone them advise them immediately that you are recording the call, if you are asking for something like an extension or change of appointment keep a record of the date but also put it in writing and send by recorded delivery. Just don’t leave a stone unturned.
I will carry on subscribing and thank you for being here & thank you for enhancing my life. Good luck everyone
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anisty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #246078 by Gary
Hi twinkle

That really is terrific news, congratulations and well done, thank you for sharing your experience, it gives hope to other forum members.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: twinkle

More
4 years 1 month ago #246086 by twinkle
it’s a pleasure Gary I do hope it can help someone in some way it is great news for us and such a relief. It feels like a massive achievement which in itself is disturbing. It should not be so difficult for genuine people living with their disabilities and who have all the evidence and proof needed to achieve what is rightfully theirs
Thanks again to everyone on here.

More
4 years 1 month ago #246094 by Becky
Well done Twinkle on getting the award you are entitled to. And good for you for standing up to a badly written report which could have cost you the support you need.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: twinkle

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.