× Members

Not having to go to tribunal for pip

More
4 years 1 month ago #246684 by Shellyj79
Not having to go to tribunal for pip was created by Shellyj79
Hi everyone
I hope everybody is OK and coping as well as they can with what's currently going on, I just though I would give an update and possible it will give hope to anybody who is in the situation I was
I was previously getting standard mobility which was awarded me at tribunal in 2016 for 3 years after an unsuccessful transfer from dla which I had lower rate on both components with an indefinite award
Fast forward to june last year where I received my invitation to apply for pip again as my award was due to end September 2019
Received form beginning of July, sent back, and was called for a f2f the middle of august
Beginning of October received my decision letter and received 0 points across the board so no award
Contacted fightback for justice who prepared a MR for me
Received MR decision letter still 0 points, middle of January 2020
Filed sscs1 form 10th February was received 11th February, and was logged and appeal file went live on the 17th February, so I knew then I was in for the long haul just waiting for a date next year sometime, obviously with the UK being put on lockdown I'd got it in my head that this tribunal date could possible stretch even further in to next year, until today (1st April 2020) when I received a text message and a few missed calls from the dwp asking me to call them back because they could change there decision, I spoke to a lovely lady who made me an offer of standard care and standard mobility for 3 years again, which I accepted.
The purpose of my post is just to give anybody who is in the situation I was in not to give up hope, from the date my tribunal file went live until today receiving the offer has been just over seven weeks, so they do look at cases while we wait for a tribunal date. I must say I've been in a bit of disbelief that it actually happened because I normally have to fight them all the way, but I'm thankful that it's over just waiting for the letter now.
Stay safe everyone x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Becky, wing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #246687 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Not having to go to tribunal for pip
Hi Shellyj79

Many congratulations on the award and well done.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellyj79

More
4 years 1 month ago #246727 by wing
Replied by wing on topic Not having to go to tribunal for pip
Congratulations Shelly 79, it gives us all some hope.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellyj79

More
4 years 1 month ago #246728 by Shellyj79
Replied by Shellyj79 on topic Not having to go to tribunal for pip
Thank you Gary thank you Wing, as you can imagine I'm over the moon, that I've not got to go through the lengthy tribunal wait, 7 weeks and a couple of days from the day the I sent off my sscs1 form must be a record!! I hadn't even received a copy of the bundle so I was not expecting to be made an offer so early on in the tribunal process, I have my fingers crossed for anybody who is waiting for a date like how I was.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wing

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.