× Members

universal credit contacting dwp

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246819 by wilton
universal credit contacting dwp was created by wilton
My son applied for u/c in late february and had to fill in online application.Was told he needed to phone and make appointment to progress further.He has been phoning everyday since but has been unable to get through due to corona virus and the number of people applying.He is concerned as he was informed if you dont get the appointed booked within 1 month he would have to re-apply.Does this sound correct as he has spent hours trying to get through on a daily basis only to be cut off after waiting 2 hours or a message saying no one available due to number of claims.I understand there situation but how can he be made to re-apply when he is unable to contact anybody.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246823 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic universal credit contacting dwp
Hi Ginger

I am afraid there is little comfort I can offer you here, but to say there are many people in the same situation. Your son should keep trying and keep a record of every time he has tried to get through. Personally I would also drop a letter to the DWP so it's added to his notes. They probably don't want any more post at the moment, but it's always best to keep a paper trail.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: wilton

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246850 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic universal credit contacting dwp
Hi Ginger

I came across this information on another website and thought it may be useful information if it works.

Journal and telephone call back request

After confirming your email address, log into your UC account and go to the Journal section* and request the DWP to call you back under the ‘Appointments’ option. Journal messages can also be duplicated and sent to a Work Coach. Once a reply is made to your Journal messages you will be auto notified by email.

*Access to the Journal only possible once all the ‘To-do list’ items completed.

Urgent need? When requesting call back state time and days available to take calls and why it is urgent, such as need for an Advance Payment to buy food and top up gas/elec pre-payment meter. UC Journal replies notified via email. When sending a UC Journal message, for an urgent needs appointment, consider cutting and pasting the quote below into it:

“The DWP said on Thursday claimants could ask for an appointment by going back online and adding a note in their journal.”

Guardian 26/3/20
www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/26/un...re-than-500000-apply

Let us know how you get on

Stay safe

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: wilton

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246954 by wilton
Replied by wilton on topic universal credit contacting dwp
My son did what you explained and it worked .He has a telephone appointment on 15/4/20. Many thanks for advice.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.