× Members

esa money reduced

More
3 years 11 months ago #246866 by ron
Replied by ron on topic esa money reduced
hi just an update..pip told me because i got my pip award via tribunal tribunals always give an end date to the award.
therefore instead of a review i had to make an advanced claim.this is why they class it as a new claim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #246867 by ron
another update..i spoke to my representative he said what the pip said was wrong he said the appeal award end date is a recomendation.
pip said anyone getting an award via tribunal should make a point at the hearing that this is creating problems at the award end date and claiments are having to make a new claim rather than haveing a review
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

More
3 years 11 months ago #246879 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa money reduced
Ron

Just to clarify. It does not matter if the DWP decide to reassess or renew a PIP award, if it is for a Fixed Term then it ends on the End Date unless the award is extended by the DWP (see below) or a new award replaces it.

Your advisor is incorrect, the Tribunal's Decision on the award length is binding on the DWP (for PIP).

On 24 March the DWP announced that they would be extending awards that were due to end, where an assessment or Decision had not been made before the End Date was reached.

So, in your first post, you said that the End Date of your award was 20 March, if this is the case then the extension does not apply to you. In a later post, you said it was 26 March which should have been covered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 11 months ago #246882 by ron
HI Gordon
off the top of my head i thought 20th march but after looking at the award letter it is the 26th march when my claim ends.
so im wondering what my next move should be?
i have phoned twice i think i need to get them to write to me spelling out why they say im not entitled.(i did record the call)they said its the tribunal people who i need to write to

More
3 years 11 months ago #246885 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa money reduced
Ron

It is nothing to do with Tribuna Service.

The process to stop your award will have been started sometime before the End Date and certainly before the DWP announced that they were going to extend awards.

So, you need to contact the DWP and ask why your award has not been extended given that it ended after the announcement. If they say that it is because yours is a renewal and not a reassessment, ask them for a reference to the legislation that distinguishes between the two (it doesn't).

It may be difficult to ask for an MR of the Decision as the extension is an operational decision and not a legislative one but I would still make the request if they still will not move

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 11 months ago #246924 by ron
hi i email DWP Today and also asked my mp to look into it.
im awaiting response from them
but must emphesize ask your rep at tribunal to make sure they recomend an end date not give an end date

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.