× Members

PIP

More
3 years 11 months ago #246862 by taylor
PIP was created by taylor
Dear Moderators,
I was awarded my PIP award from November 2017 to September 2020.
Could I please ask your advice as to when I will hear from the DWP with regards to what happens next.
Will I receive a Renewal application AR1 or will I receive a PIP2 again ?

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #246871 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP
Hi Taylor

We can't tell you when you will hear from the DWP. As you know reviews and assessments have been suspended for three months. This will inevitably create some sort of back log. I can't say that your end date will be put back, but that is already going to happen to those who have end dates imminent.

I would expect you to have an AR1 form, but some claimants have found themselves having to put in for a PIP2 again. It's a decision made by the DWP and people haven't been able to overturn it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: taylor

More
3 years 11 months ago #246893 by taylor
Replied by taylor on topic PIP
Thank you for your reply Bis.

As I mentioned my PIP award is until September 2020. If I do not hear from the DWP, do I have to contact them ? And if I do have to, when should I contact them please.

Thank you.

More
3 years 11 months ago #246902 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP
Hi Taylor

No, you don't have to contact them, it will all happen automatically, but if you haven't heard from them by the second week of August, I would just contact them to be on the safe side.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 11 months ago #246912 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
Taylor / BIS

You have a Fixed Term award, unless it is extended it will end in September 2020 and you will not receive any further payments.

At the moment the DWP are extending awards but we don't know what the situation will be in September, you need to allow at least 13 weeks for a reassessment and more likely 16 weeks so I would be contacting the DWP at the end of April.

They may say that the process is still suspended but no one appears to be considering what will happen after the suspension is lifted.

Gordon

More
3 years 11 months ago #246938 by taylor
Replied by taylor on topic PIP
Dear Gordon and Bis,

Thank you very much for your replies, they are very much appreciated.

I telephoned the DWP PIP line and there was a recorded message to listen to.

It says that " if you are currently receiving PIP and your reward has an end date, we will contact you shortly with more information as to what happens next " and ends with you do not need to speak to anyone !

Should I wait to be contacted or call back and try to speak to someone ?

I get where you are coming from Gordon, if I just leave it my award will just end. What are your thoughts please.

Thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.