× Members

PIP extended

More
4 years 1 week ago #246905 by corsa40
PIP extended was created by corsa40
I received my PIP in October 2015 for 5 years, I was starting to get worried as I knew I would be getting the forms shortly. Imagine my amazement when yesterday I received a letter from DWP stating that as I had reached state pension age in January 2020 it had been extended to December 2024, 10 years from when I was awarded it.

Just wanted to reassure all those who are due a renewal that if you are receiving pip when you get to state pension age, then maybe they are just automatically extending it, nothing in the letter mentioned Coronavirus. Anybody else had theirs extended without doing anything?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 week ago #246940 by housemouse93
Replied by housemouse93 on topic PIP extended
I did. I was expecting a form around April to reapply, mine was till Oct 2020 ( 2 year award ) although I was 67 when I moved DLA/PIP. I’m 69 now with review now 2028, without having to fill form in. It’s interesting it’s a ten year award to 2028 but back dated from 2018, this is supposed to arrive out of Amber Rudd direction to DWP. Seems more like a mistake from the beginning. Hope you have some peace of mind now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.