× Members

DLA to PIP award

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246916 by Kthom1
DLA to PIP award was created by Kthom1
Hi I have completed my assessment in Jan 2020. I received a letter to advise they have all the info they need, that was 8 weeks ago. I phoned 3 weeks ago and telephone advisor advised no decision on case. I'm concerned that it's not been decided, does it mean I wont get PIP. I am a high level right leg amputee with severe back issues due to bulging discs and diabetic type 2. I need my car and worried that this is going against me or is current pandemic causing delays. Any views appreciated
Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246921 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP award
KThm

I've moved your post to its own topic, you replied to a post from over four weeks ago.

Even before the Coronavirus outbreak we were seeing Decisions take upwards of ten weeks this has extended to at least twelve weeks and may lengthen further.

The delay is in no way a reflection of what the Decision will be, it is just how long your file will take to the top of the pile.

If you have an existing award of either DLA or PIP then it will be extended, if necessary, to allow a Decision to be made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.