× Members

PIP Tribunal

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246947 by Bernard Wood
PIP Tribunal was created by Bernard Wood
Hello. Just a quick query really. I'm appealing my DLA to PIP assessment. This went through reasonably smoothly I think compared to what some people on this forum have had to endure.
They have increased my Daily living allowance to Enhanced but reduced my Mobility allowance to Standard bearing in mind I have had a full medical in the past to confirm my various medical conditions. One of the reasons was that I didn't look pale enough. I didn't know that was part of the criteria for claiming PIP. All this was conducted within a 20 min F to F assessment. I've been through all the correct procedures and have written conformation from the tribunal people saying everything is correct and in order and now are just waiting for a date for the Tribunal. This was in June 2019. I know we are living in strange times at the moment but can somebody tell me is this the normal waiting time, ( if there is such a thing ) or do I have to sit back and be patient and wait forever?? Thanks for any advice..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246952 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Tribunal
B

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The last published statistics for Tribunal wait times had an average of 42 weeks, although members were reporting longer times on the forum, the current problems will have extended these times and will continue to do so as long as the crisis continues.

All I can suggest is that you ring the Tribunal Service they should be able to give yo current wait times for your venue. There will have been a telephone number on the letter confirming your request.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bernard Wood

More
4 years 1 week ago #247009 by Dib
Replied by Dib on topic PIP Tribunal
Hi Bernard
I have waited 18 months for my Tribunal Hearing which is now going to be a telephone hearing next week.

Dib

More
4 years 2 days ago #247289 by Bernard Wood
Replied by Bernard Wood on topic PIP Tribunal
Thanks DIB. It does seem to drag on a bit doesn't it . Good luck with your appeal.Hope it goes well for you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.