× Members

Successful MR

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #247607 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Successful MR
Ah I've just found out an old email that I asked Carers UK to send to me as future reference. Because partner was transferred from IB to ESA he was transferred onto Contributory ESA, with an income related ESA top-up. Then it goes on to explain SDP, ESA overlapping, & carers underlying ...

Apologies for that, I went into manic mode again & couldn't think straight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #247614 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Successful MR
Hi Bud

Only you can decide about MR in regards to your mobility, you need to check your condition and how it affects you against our guides which are well written.

Carers premium is paid to certain means tested benefits if you or your partner receive Carers Allowance or you have an underlying entitlement ie if you are of Pension Credit age then you will not be able to claim CA but you would have an underlying entitlement and therefore if you are in receipt of HB then you would be entitled to a carers premium.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #247628 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Successful MR
Thank you Wing.

Thank you Gary.

I rang DWP to ask about the short term award, despite the message encouraging me to ring back later as it was a busy time at just after 9am, I held on & only waited 15 minutes for them to answer. The person I talked to said that the short term award was based on the assessment before the MR, this was due to the assessor ticking the 3 & 9 month functional restriction boxes as non applicable at the back of the PA4 V3 form. I said that I wasn't happy as I got my award reinstated at the MR stage, & therefore thought that whoever did the MR & gave me that award would also give a longer award length, & ignore everything that the assessor had said .... They said that most awards are only for a year or 2 at the most now, unless you're 65. I was asked if I wanted DWP to have another look at my award, I didn't I just told them I was going to appeal.

I've done the appeal online!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris