× Members

Update and thanks

• admail@aglarond.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 21 hours ago #247622 by admail@aglarond.co.uk
Update and thanks was created by admail@aglarond.co.uk
I just wanted to say a huge 'thank you' to all who offered their advice and experience while I was going through the PIP review process (since September 2019). I got my decision letter on Friday and my award has been kept the same despite the 'assessment' report which, if followed, would have meant I'd have got no PIP at all.

The 'assessment' (in January 2020) was just ridiculous in both how it was conducted and recorded. I had the F2F on a Tuesday and I had a copy of the report on the following Saturday! I complained about the report to IAS/ATOS within days and gave the DWP copies of all that I sent. I had a reply, which didn't address any of the points at issue and so replied again highlighting the outstanding questions.

I received a 'final response' from ATOS/IAS which again didn't deal with matters raised. I will now take my complaint about ATOS/IAS to the Independent Case Examiner, even though I've received the benefit, since I believe they should have to answer straightforward questions.

A couple of sentences in the decision letter caught my attention:
"I looked at the health professional consultation report and changed the descriptors previously chosen based on the medical evidence received. I decided to award you PIP for a longer time."

So, once again many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 13 hours ago #247635 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Update and thanks
Hi bfoandc

That is really terrific news, well done and congratulations, have a well deserved rest.

I hear that ICE cases are taking just over a year to get an outcome.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @Review @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: admail@aglarond.co.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.