× Members

ESA medical waiting times?

More
3 years 11 months ago #247657 by Cara M
ESA medical waiting times? was created by Cara M
Hi, a little confused. After 2 years of no benefits. I applied online with a ESA application. I received a ESA50 around 10 days ago. Today i received a letter to say i will get ESA but this is dated 1 day before the ESA50. I assume i will still have to fill in the form? If so, i would like to know how long the waiting period is for the medical? I understand this is probably hard to estimate at this time. Or even if you have experienced this before. Apologies for the waffling!
Kind regards
C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #247662 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA medical waiting times?
Hi Cara M

I think you need to give them a ring even though waiting times are currently lengthy. If you have received a letter saying you will get ESA - you need to check whether this is an award or whether you still need to complete the forms. ESA letters are notoriously badly written and it's not always clear.

In terms of medical assessments - they aren't doing any at the moment except over the phone for people's claims that were already in progress before March 16th (which yours wasn't). That's why I would check exactly what the letter means.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.