× Members

Telephone appeal

More
3 years 9 months ago #248838 by Ursula
Telephone appeal was created by Ursula
I am my son’s Appointee and we have our appeal on Thursday. Worried as I have a mountain of paperwork has anyone been through a telephone appeal and can tell me what to expect please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #248848 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Telephone appeal
Ursula

We have only seen a handful, if that of telephone appeals so I can't really give you much feedback.

But here are some practical things to do.

Make sure you can take the call in a comfortable place but also somewhere when you can spread the papers out as you need without them going all over the place.

Have a glass of water or better a jug in easy reach.

If you need to refer to the papers then use the handwritten number, usually in the top right corner.

Make sure you understand the criteria that your son is being assessed against, from your previous posts this is all about the distance that he walks so try and measure distances that he walks on a daily basis, for example; from where he sits to the toilet, if he goes into the garden, how far he might walk there and if he goes out elsewhere, how far that might be, Google maps allows you to walk out walking distances.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 6 months ago #251317 by mcj0161
Replied by mcj0161 on topic Telephone appeal
Hi all,
Just wondering in relation to telephone appeal, how long is it reasonable to wait after the appeal time slot before contacting them to advise no call received.
Many Thanks

More
3 years 6 months ago #251320 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Telephone appeal
Hi macj

I would contact them after an hour.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.