× Members

Planning and carrying out a journey

More
3 years 9 months ago #249121 by den1mon
Planning and carrying out a journey was created by den1mon
Hi has anyone appeal a decision for being awarded 0 points for planning and carrying out a journey due to mental health issues?
I am going to submit an appeal and I have downloaded from this sight Judge Agnews document to submit with my appeal.
I Would be most grateful if anyone can let me know how they went about getting a successful appeal.
My assessor was an occupational therapist and there are several discrepancies in her report and she failed to include much of what I told her about how my mental health issues impact greatly on my daily life.
I do not feel she was sufficiently qualified to comment on my mental health and she dismissed evidence from my psychological counselor, my GP and my carer and consequently I scored 0 points for planning and carrying out a journey.
Many thanks
I was awarded 0 points for communicating and 0 points for mixing with other people despite all the evidence I submitted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249195 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic Planning and carrying out a journey
Hi den1moon
I have been successful overturning a decision for this descriptor although I was originally awarded 4 points for needing prompting.
I received a letter to say that after reviewing my claim in relation to the court ruling there was no change. I did a Mandatory reconsideration on this highlighting the relevance of my evidence and was also refused. I then lodged an appeal in January this year. I had submitted no new evidence when about 12 weeks in I received an early morning phone call from a decision maker offering me standard mobility 10 points. The reason given was a sentence written in my GP's letter which was part of my original application evidence sent in 2017! So I was happy with this offer and it saved me actually having to go to appeal. It proves that evidence can be looked at again if you are prepared to hold your nerve and lodge the appeal. I was lucky enough to have the support of the charity MIND though we had not actually sent in the submission. The B&W team were very helpful clarifying things for me before I decided, despite 2 rejections ,it was worth going to appeal. I hope this information helps and spurs you on to challenge your decision. Best wishes
The following user(s) said Thank You: maria m , denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.