× Members

Telephone appeals

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #249123 by Sue
Telephone appeals was created by Sue
Appealed my PIP award as I was failed after my face to face assessment so have gone to appeal was told a minimum of 9 month wait. Monday I received a letter stating I had a telephone appeal on 20/07/2020 I was told last week by my citizen advice worker that the appeal court were sifting through cases that were likely to be successful for a telephone appeal. Anyone have any insight into this or do I adjourn it until a face to face would be available
Thank you in advance
[removed]
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249141 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Telephone appeals
Sue

I don't think you have the option of adjourning the hearing unless the Tribunal Service has specifically said so in their letter to you.

As to success rates, telephone appeals are far too new for any statistics to have been produced but they are not different from face to face ones with the exception of the panel being unable to see the claimant, this can be an advantage but also a disadvantage.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 9 months ago #249155 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Telephone appeals
Thank you for you quick reply
Citizen advice have said to ring and ask for an adjournment following this up by letter. I won’t lie am very anxious and worried but on one hand it will all be over in 3 weeks rather than waiting for a face to face tribunal
Sue Elk

More
3 years 9 months ago #249158 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Telephone appeals
Sue

You can ask for the adjournment but unless you can show that you would be disadvantaged by a telephone hearing then I would be very surprised if the Judge in charge of your hearing will allow it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• aliciathepussycat1@hotmail.com
More
3 years 9 months ago #249664 by aliciathepussycat1@hotmail.com
Replied by aliciathepussycat1@hotmail.com on topic Telephone appeals
Hi Sue, did you have your telephone appeal, if so how was it?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.