× Members

universal credit and esa

More
3 years 8 months ago #249140 by Medioambiente
universal credit and esa was created by Medioambiente
:( Hi, I have been a member of this website for years, you have have helped me get my DLA payments and the transfer from DLA to PIP which I have thanks to your website done with not to much difficulty.
I am now hitting a problem and may be the state of mind I am in which is bad. My husband of 83 years passed away on the 16th May, 2020 not Covid related. He was on pensions credit and AA as he had vascular dementia and a abdominal animism, the animism is what he died from it took over three days in hospital alone to die. I have been on DLA and PIP for 10years because of my illnesses, but we supported each other in all ways we could. I also have a 88 year old mum, that I telephone manage and am there for dire emergencies. So that is the scene set. My husbands housing benefit and council tax benefit stopped on the 18th May . I rang the Council on the 18th May to advise them of the facts and they sent me forms to fill in which I did. I did not apply for Universal credit until 26th May 2020. Filled in the on line form. I will not go into to much detail on that, but I will be taking it further with my MP. I have managed to get my payments pushed back until the 18th May 2020. I am now going to be living on approx £50 per week after one bedroom tax and council tax is taken out of the £100 they have allocated me per week. I have produced a medical certificate from my dr for 3 months, even though they said they we being wavered because of Covid 19, but they have told me to keep hold of it. I have had no formal interview. I am enhanced PIP, cannot go out as if I get Covid19 my daughter could loss another parent. I have been sent a UC50 FORM to fill in. I have started to read your help document on this form and realise that I have not been dealt with properly in the first place. First question what do I do about this? I am on PIP enhanced, have a medical certificate for 3 months, have not been asked anything about my health. I am in bereavement. I am in a terrible state. I have telephoned Universal Credit once all through this pandemonium, and did not realise I was speaking to an ATOS employee, who gave me conflicting information to what the Norwich job centre did when I spoke to them 5 minutes after speaking to ATOS. So how can you get anything done right. If I was to take my allocated medication there is no way I could right this post, but as I have no one at home to rely on and help me, I am on reduced medication, even though the pain is acute, and I am exhausted, not sleeping, grieving etc., I have today been asked on my journal to start re vamping my CV, and actively look for work., as I do not come under the government guidelines for the vulnerable, my husband nor my mother did but they where both seriously ill at that time. My second question is if I do not revamp my CV and actively look for work will I be sanctioned. I am 9 months of off retiring, my husband has not provided for me so I am broke. Third question have I any rights? Sorry this is such a long post and I thing I now the answers, but I just wanted to put it out there to see if there is anything I can do about it. Thank you for reading this post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #249152 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic universal credit and esa
Teresa

If you have presented a Fit Note, whether they have taken it or not then you should be excused from any Job Search requirement until a Decision is made on whether you have Limited Capability for Work, the UC50 is the first part of this assessment process.

Have you spoken via your Journal to your JC+ advisor about having submitted a Fit Note?

Who did you call, the UC Helpine or Maximus (it hasn't been ATOS for a number of years)?

Our UC/ESA Claim guide will help you complete the UC50 that you have received. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 8 months ago #249188 by Medioambiente
Replied by Medioambiente on topic universal credit and esa
Hi, Gordon, I have written every thing in my journal, states of health, only been breathed 6 weeks, the fact that I have a fit note dates stated. I have had not contact with anyone really, a couple of calls because I have asked for them, and to be quit frank, no one has really told me any thing.
This is the message I received in my journal yesterday.
Before coronavirus (COVID-19) there were things you needed to do to get Universal Credit, such as look for work. We call these commitments. During the outbreak you did not have to keep to them.

"Your next steps
You should wait for us to contact you to discuss your next steps.

If you are able to look for work safely while following government guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19), you should:

update your CV
consider your opportunities for returning to work
search for jobs, for example on the government's Job Help website
read about commitments and looking for work in the coronavirus (COVID-19) and Universal Credit guide
make yourself available to start work
You do not need to contact us."

I have not been accessed yet, will I be sanctioned if I do not comply?

I am in the process of trying to fill in the UC50 form and reading through the guides you provide. But obviously my husband helped me with this normally but he passed away on the 16th May 2020, I had his funeral on the 5th June I am all over the place but I will get the form filled in, it does not have to be back until 20th July 2020. I do understand what you are saying about the fit note, but the above does not seem to have taken this into account. Should I now put another entry in my journal, restating what I have already stated. This is mind blowing for me with illnesses, bereavement, and loss of income. Thank you for replying

More
3 years 8 months ago #249193 by Medioambiente
Gordon, sorry this is the tel number that I rang 0800 328 5644
Theresa

More
3 years 8 months ago #249196 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic universal credit and esa
Teresa

I think you have missed the meaning of the critical word from what has been posted to your journal;

"IF you are able to look for work safely"

You are not able to look for work due to your health conditions so this does not apply to you.

I suspect that this is a standard message that has been posted rather than one personal to you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 8 months ago #249204 by Medioambiente
Gordon, that is what I needed you to tell me, as that is how I took it. Not having my husband here to sound board on, it is so much more difficult. My meds do not help as I get blank spots, or cotton wool head he used to talk me through these things. I have no one else at the mo as my daughter works full time. Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.