× Members

Scottish Rules for PIP (WAWAC)

More
3 years 9 months ago #249172 by housemouse93
Scottish Rules for PIP (WAWAC) was created by housemouse93
Followed your helpful link ref Scottish version of PIP still to come. Noticed before members feeling consoled that it will be better. While there doesn’t seem to be exact rules apart from beginning with new claims and for children, building on that. Where existing claimants are transferred from PIP there is different wording, as if they will be assessed again for this, it’s under proof of identity etc. I’m concerned as I’m one of the DLA to PIP although over pension age and latterly moved to PIP, awarded 2 years, but extended to indefinite at timing for review. If you have your crystal ball handy would you hazard an opinion ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249185 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Scottish Rules for PIP (WAWAC)
bin it

I'm sorry but I don't know what link and document you are referring to!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 9 months ago #249206 by housemouse93
Replied by housemouse93 on topic Scottish Rules for PIP (WAWAC)
There were 2 links in reply to Layla no. 248614, I followed them both and eventually found more about Scottish governments intentions published so far.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hakim

More
3 years 9 months ago #249209 by Gordon
bin it

I'm sorry but I am not searching through a load of documents for this, if you can provide a link to the specific document and where in it the information you want me to look at is then I'll have a look.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 9 months ago #249217 by Ghirl#1
Replied by Ghirl#1 on topic Scottish Rules for PIP (WAWAC)
It seems to me from reading the info on Gov.Scot anyone over the age of 65 won't be eligible for DAWAP (Disability Assistance for Working Age People), but will be eligible for DAOP (Disability Assitance for Older People). Same rates for benefits, although there appears to be no mobility element for DAOP.

Not sure if this is to what OP was referring, but might be useful to other Scots:
www.gov.scot/policies/social-security/be...le-ill-health/#DAWAP

More
3 years 9 months ago #249221 by Gordon
Hi Guys

If this is what is being asked about then I would assume, in the absence of an legislation to refer to, that it will operate in the same way as PIP and Attendance Allowance do now, that if you have an award of PIP before you reach State Retirement Age then you can continue to receive PIP after SRA providing you continue to meet the criteria.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.