× Members

PIP2 sent DWP txt to wait 6 weeks

More
3 years 9 months ago #249176 by struggler
PIP2 sent DWP txt to wait 6 weeks was created by struggler
Hi , so I am the appointee of my mum who has multiple issues including long term schizophrenia difficulty walking due to hip replacement 20+years an now since 2017 paralysis an slurred speech so bad she need carers to do everything also slurred speech so most of noises she makes cant comprehend, she was originally on DLA which got stopped around time my son was born in 2016, only now have managed with help of local charity an this website done new PIP application , PIP2 form was sent with lots of evidence including care plan, dr reports prescriptions etc an recieved by DWP 23 june got a txt said

Thanks for sending us your 'How your disability affects you' form. We may need you to attend a consultation with a health professional before we make our decision. We'll contact you again if we do. Please call us if any of the details you gave us have changed. .

so today (2july) got this txt :

We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 6 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.

I was under impression they would phone or request a assessment either face to face by phone or on paper, this response seems to indicate they had already done it? can anyone give any clarity on this? thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249197 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP2 sent DWP txt to wait 6 weeks
struggler

Yes, this message means that they have been able to do a Paper Based Review.

Don't expect a Decision in six weeks other members were being told 16 weeks within the last two weeks.

Grdon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: struggler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.