× Members

Joint claim ESA

More
3 years 9 months ago #249205 by malan
Joint claim ESA was created by malan
Hi every one i have my partner put on my old style esa as i couldint make a claim for UC with them so had to add them to my claim with my kids aswell so they are on my claim now.

how ever i am only receiving the same amount i would get i also get pip my partner is my carer and gets carer allowance for me .i am really confused as i dont understand it all are they ment to get money on top off mine?

i get £73.10 liveing expenses
extra money coz severely disabled £62.45
extra money coz disabilty income guarantee £15.90

support group £36.55
so £188 pw

so i am confused as she is on my claim i am on the ct an cb also

any help or advice would be great its a new relationship only 6months in and the amounts i have gave was a letter from may

thanks every one

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249208 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Joint claim ESA
Mac

Has your partner recently started living with you?

From your post, you are only being paid the single person rate of ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 9 months ago #249218 by malan
Replied by malan on topic Joint claim ESA
yes Gordon the was on esa support group them selfs then we moved in to a place together and was told that we need to make claim together so tryd to apply for UC but couldn't add myself as i get pip and sdp.

so was told to add them i filled in the forms and was told that they have been added but payments stayed the same they got a p45 for DWP stating they never wanted to claim anymore so its been shut down CT and CB got stopped then reinstated when they see she was on my claim but no income for her other then care allowance .

i never realised at 1st nor did she we thought they will add money or deduct money at some point as i applied for a loan and it say im still in debt by over 600 but i have payed all mine up so can only presume its her loan she had .

do i call them up and quiz them about it i just had a pip review as well and the questionnaire came to my new address and the award letter went to my old one i thought that was strange as well she has issues as well but we are trying to be a family so moved in to give it a shot

regards
Mac

More
3 years 9 months ago #249222 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Joint claim ESA
Mac

So, the reason you had to close one of your claims is because there can only be one Income Related claim in a couple.

Yes, you need to contact them as a matter of urgency, If the change happened in the last week then it could just be because your ESA is paid fortnightly in arrears but it sounds more like the change has not even be actioned.

So the changes, in round numbers will be;

The Personal Allowance will go up to £115/week
There will be a £65/week deduction for your partner's Carers Allowance
There will be a £35/week increase as a Carers Premium will be added.

The one that may catch you out is the Severe Disability Premium, unless your partner has an award of PIP Daily Living or DLA MRC or HRC (there are others) then you will lose your eligibility for the Premium which will mean a £65/week loss.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 9 months ago #249230 by malan
thank you for the advice i am not bothered about the sdp i just want things to be correct i shall contact them asap

More
3 years 9 months ago #249231 by malan
also will i move over to UC or stay on my exsisting esa?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.