× Members

PIP AR - current PIP ends July 23rd just rang DWP

More
3 years 9 months ago #249220 by Sand625
Many thanks to all who post here and the hardworking mods, and of course everyone else at B&W your help is a priceless resource.
My current PIP ends 23/7/20. The DWP received my AR form on 23/3/20. Nothing from them since. Unsurprisingly I’ve been getting more and more anxious as the silence from them continues. I checked here to find the most up to date info then gathered my masses of paperwork and rang the DWP at 10.30am.
It took 7 minutes before the on hold music started due to all the recorded messages. There’s also now a voice recognition system to give your NI number. Although the automated message asked me then give the NI number of the person I’m a carer for, which threw me a bit.
Took 16 minutes to speak to a human.
I was asked for my NI number, my address and my mobile number. The recorded message asks you to also have your bank details and the name, address and phone number of your GP.
After explaining my query I was told that
“they will make a decision soon, and if they don’t then your award will be extended and you will receive a letter.” (It wasn’t actually given that succinctly, I had to ask questions)
But she also told me, 3 times during the short conversation, that I should “ring back next week.”
I know this isn’t particularly informative, but just in case this can help anyone else in a similar situation and who’s feeling as anxious as I am...
Thanks again everyone here. You’re an invaluable resource and are appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.