× Members

Pip chaos

More
3 years 9 months ago #249338 by a lewis
Pip chaos was created by a lewis
My 40 year old daughter was moved from class to pip a few years ago, the assessor combined her mobility in with her care which gave her high rate care, the assessor ignored mental health and mobility but gave her the awards for 9 years.

Then my daughter needed 4 neck ops in 2 years ending up with only 3 bits of bone and the rest is metal. We went for a review to try and get mobility.. we applied last august uploaded in September eventually got a medical with autos in December- we sent masses of evidence including and image of her neck, she had had both her hips reshaped, she has a bent arm and half an elbow, a bad shoulder and waiting for foot surgery.

The guy who saw her was a physio, he disputed her mental health as she didn’t see the mental health team and she wasn’t taking any antidepressants- he said as she could read a history book she had no cognitive loss despite a report to the contrary. She is unable to take antidepressants as is upsets her condition!

He gave her low rate mobility and high care but only 3 years, we immediately challenged this, loads more letters and support from social workers and health professionals

18 weeks later - brown envelope arrives with outcome to our request for mandatory review

Still nothing under mental health, this time she has been awarded
High rate care
And
HIGH RATE mobility just under 3 years despite the fact they admit nothing is going to improve.

It will be a year at the end of this month since she applied

The stress has been dreadful

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249339 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip chaos
a

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I know that this has been a struggle and has taken longer than expected but congratulations on the award even if it is shorter than hoped for, a very well done.

You do have the option of appealing for a longer award.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.