× Members

ESA support group

More
3 years 8 months ago #249376 by anees292
ESA support group was created by anees292
Need your kind advise, as I am getting ESA support group last two years. Got a letter from DWP two weeks ago and inform me your new entitlement is £150.75 a week also they backdated from 7th April 2020 nearly £450. This week again they pay me same money £113 as normal. When I call them they inform me this is a mistake and they will pay normal payment £113 a week again. What I need to ask, I have this letter as they send me about £150.75 and they refuse to send me any other letter but cut the weekly amount, can I do something like appeal or other way to show this letter and ask them to increase this money. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #249390 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support group
Anees

The £113 would imply that you are only receiving Contribution Based ESA, are you entitled to Income Related ESA?

ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you are then this could account for the increase.

Do you have a PIP or DLA award? If you do does a partner claim Carers Allowance?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 8 months ago #249395 by anees292
Replied by anees292 on topic ESA support group
Thanks Gordon
I am getting PIP and partner getting Care Allowance also and same time we are in UC. Don't understand why they gave me money and now after two week they stop and pay £113 weekly again. What can I do?

More
3 years 8 months ago #249397 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support group
Anees

OK, if you are receiving Universal Credit then you were not entitled to the extra money on your ESA.

Are you sure that the payment was made in regard to your ESA claim and not your UC one?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 8 months ago #249401 by anees292
Replied by anees292 on topic ESA support group
Yes Gordon
State clearly in bank statement DWP EESA. Any advise to can do something?

More
3 years 8 months ago #249408 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA support group
Hi Anees

Quick question, are you in receipt of 'new style ESA'? as Gordon has stated previously you are not eligible to claim disability premiums such as SDP, if you are in receipt of UC, if you are in the LCWRA group then you would get an additional premium.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.