× Members

Subject Access Request

More
3 years 8 months ago #250197 by Aussie59
Subject Access Request was created by Aussie59
First post on your forum. Thanks for so much helpful info but I'm stuck. I requested a Subject Access Request in relation to PIP claim back in March. Followed this up with a telephone call today and was told that they received it on 06 July 2020! However, I still have not received the information. Does anyone know how I can escalate this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #250208 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Subject Access Request
Aussie

I don't think that you have too many options at the moment, the DWP have 40 calendar days from when they received the request to provide a response.

You can complain that it took four months to be received but even if successful I doubt it will change to time for a response and it may take longer to complain than for the 40 days to expire.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aussie59

More
3 years 8 months ago #250225 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Subject Access Request
Hi Aussie59

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

As Gordon has stated below, the DWP has one calendar month from when they receive the request to respond. If your request is complex or you make more than one, the response time may be a maximum of three calendar months, starting from the day of receipt.
ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/time-limits...ion-rights-requests/
ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-...copies-of-your-data/

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aussie59

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.