× Members

PIP telephone assessment

More
3 years 7 months ago #250656 by Lou
PIP telephone assessment was created by Lou
Hi all,

First time poster here. I applied for Pip in July and have had my telephone assessment today which I feel went really well. I had a lovely lady who listened to what I said and put me at ease and felt like she understood what I was talking about.

On reflection there’s a couple of points she didn’t raise and I forgot to such as the fact I don’t yet have a wheelchair. I have a reason for it and am going to test one next week but I forgot to mention it. I’m really disappointed I forgot.

I’ve got two questions, 1) should I contact anyone to mention that it was never asked about the wheelchair? 2) has anyone had a really good call and not had the outcome they were hoping for?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #250659 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP telephone assessment
Hi Lou

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Next week you can ring the DWP and ask for a copy of your assessment report - this should be sent to you within a week. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't have a copy until after the decision - this occasionally happens and it's wrong information. You are entitled to see it - once it is complete which should be within 48 hrs.

1. I would wait until you see your report and see whether you think it would make any difference to the possible points awarded. If you think it will you can write to the decision maker and add that information.

2. There have been examples of people not getting the outcome they hoped for - which is just the same as when they were doing face to face assessments. Try not to worry about it. Get the report and you will have more idea of how it went.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 7 months ago #250711 by Erik
Replied by Erik on topic PIP telephone assessment
Yes, I've just had a telephone assessment in August that went well and was with a nurse who was polite, moderately friendly and seemed understanding. Yet the report says she acknowledges my problems and limitations but she denies its impact on my life and recommends zero points. So yes, I think many of us experience this and a positive interview doesn't imply a positive outcome.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251189 by Lou
Replied by Lou on topic PIP telephone assessment
Just to update you guys. I called today to ask for my assessment report and because I’ve now got a hospital letter which can now provide further evidence of my disabilities. But after just 1 week of them having had my report back, they made a decision and awarded me standard care and higher rate mobility which is amazing. I can’t believe it’s happened so quickly and without the need to go to tribunal which I had to last time. Should get back payment tomorrow.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251200 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP telephone assessment
Hi Lou

Many congratulations on your award. That is so great to hear.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.