× Members

Re pips assesment letter.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251118 by Annie
Replied by Annie on topic Re pips assesment letter.
Yes Ann please appeal. My husband was seen by a nurse who said he stood talk walked with a normal gait, he used a frame and has a kyphosis due to his osteoporosis. Looked well and was of normal build , due to lung disease my husband eats little and is very very thin. Hubby has severe COPD, nurse said he breathed normally and was not sweating, we sat in the waiting room for 40 mins and her room was approx six feet away so he had been resting. Only one medication noted on paperwork we received, he is on so many meds I lose count of them all. Saw GP who said we must appeal which we did and the claim was reconsidered and award went from low to high mobility and care. Don't give up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teasy55

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252669 by Teasy55
Replied by Teasy55 on topic Re pips assesment letter.
Just to let you know my husband was awarded high rate mobility again on mandatory reconsideration and still kept his middle rate care .He got it indefinitely as well so was worth asking for it to be looked at again .just thankful we had not to face a tribunal ..
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
3 years 5 months ago #252678 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re pips assesment letter.
Ann

That's terrific news, well done.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #252710 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Re pips assesment letter.
Brilliant news Ann. Hope you saw, our daughter albeit only for 3 years-but she is younger-got her enhanced on both DL and Mob and mercifully without even MR for the first time of 3 claims. Worth every word of the letter disputing the assessor's report before the decision was taken in her case. Hoping to psych myself up to contact the Nursing and Midwifery Council to complain about the lies told by the nurse who did daughter's assessment. As it was paper based there is even less room for argument about what she could do/not do. Getting the award confirms that the facts in the form and evidence were right, and not the opinions the nurse wrote. Best wishes, Denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.