× Members

Assessor phone call

More
3 years 7 months ago #250903 by Bonbon
Assessor phone call was created by Bonbon
Hello

My brother had a phone call last Friday from DWP stating would be having an assessment on Thursday (10th) .

He had sent his UC50 form back in February so I knew he would be due soon.

Is it right that he should be given at least 7 days notice and in writing?

Could it be he’s having a paper based assessment and they need to ask a few questions?

Any help or advice would greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #250910 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessor phone call
Bonbon

Our view is that the requirement for seven days written notice (including postage) still applies to telephone assessments but is it a battle that you want to fight?

It could be for a Paper Based Review, I'm afraid we have not really had any feedback on ESA/UC assessments as they only restarted in late July.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bonbon

More
3 years 7 months ago #250913 by Bonbon
Replied by Bonbon on topic Assessor phone call
Thanks Gordon, no it’s not a battle I’d like to tackle with them - I do agree that he should of had more time. Five days isn’t the best but again it’s not a battle I think either of us can tackle!

My brother is very anxious as you can imagine, we will have to wait and see what the assessor says on the day as my brother only said that someone rang and did mention assessment. So still unsure if paper or full telephone assessment.

I will update on Thursday with regards to which type he had.

Thank you for your help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerrygold50, Dan Statham

More
3 years 7 months ago #250914 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessor phone call
Bonbon

You can ring Maximus and ask what the call is for.

The process of the call should not be different from the ones done for PIP, our PIP Claim guide now has a section on phone assessments that your brother might like to have a look at.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bonbon

More
3 years 7 months ago #251113 by Bonbon
Replied by Bonbon on topic Assessor phone call
Hi Gordon

It was a full telephone assessment- not much time given!

My brother was nervous and anxious but got his points across well .
I think it went ok , the assessor seemed genuine and it was over in 30 or so minutes.

He now has his PIP renewal form to tackle! Or we both do. Feel like it’s all at once and he does struggle more so when they come up!

I wanted to update and as my brother wasn’t given full 7 days notice it can happen. Try not to worry if it happens to other members. Do make sure you have as much support as you can :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, Dan Statham

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.