× Members

Can you work being a Uni Student on PIP + UC

More
3 years 7 months ago #250932 by Tiger1
I am trying to find out if a full-time uni student can undertake to do part-time work whilst at Uni and on PIP and UC benefit.

UC wants me to fill in a UB50 medical form though they have evidence I am on PIP benefit and a full-time student.

They have placed me in the non work-related group.

I am confused why they want me to fill in a UB50 to say I can't work when I applied for UC on the basis of being a full-time student on PIP not that I can't do part-time work around my studies as I need to be very careful in what I state to UC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #250949 by Gordon
Ms Andre

Are you sure that it is a UB50 and not UC50? the UC50 is used to decide whether you have Limited Capability for Work and therefore whether an award can be made. If it the latter then have a look at our UC/ESA Claim guide for help completing the form and an understanding of the criteria that you will need to meet.

You can work on UC, even if you are in the no work group, doing so may reduce the amount of UC that you are entitled to, although there is no defined limit it is generally accepted that if you work for 16 or more hours a week then you risk being moved to the work group.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.