× Members

PIP Appeal - Engaging with others face to face.

More
3 years 7 months ago #250935 by Mike
I have lodged an appeal to the Tribunal on behalf of my son who has mental health problems, against the DWP decision to award a total of 0 points. He previously was in receipt of DLA. We have found this forum and PIP quides extremely useful in preparing his submission.

I have a question however about a paragraph in the PIP guide about Engagement with others. On page 51 there is a reference to the fact that a tribunal judge ruled that isolated and specific examples of being able to interact with other people such as being able to talk to the medical assessment or staff in a local shop you go to regularly are not enough to prevent you scoring points.

We have used this information in the submission but there is no reference number given in the the quide to be able to read this specific case. Can any one provide this information please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #250951 by Gordon
Mike

I've done a search for the Case Law but have not found it, however, there are a number of Decisions where the summary is not online and I fear it may be one of these. I am looking at

pipinfo.net/activities/engaging-with-other-people-face-to-face

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 7 months ago #250971 by Mike
Thanks Gordon. I thought that this might be the case.

It is perhaps a significant issue and perhaps further clarification is required in the Guide under this topic when it is next updated. Others may wish to use this opinion when formulating their response to DWP or appeal.

More
3 years 7 months ago #250989 by BIS
Hi Mike

This is an upper tribunal decision which you can see what the judge says - which I think may touch on the points you are getting at. I'm not saying it's the specific one - but it highlights the same points

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5...PIP_2685_2016-00.pdf

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.