× Members

ESA (C) Support Group and New Claim to UC

• sandrabrown87@live.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #250967 by sandrabrown87@live.co.uk
ESA (C) Support Group and New Claim to UC was created by sandrabrown87@live.co.uk
I was advised once the Universal Claim was made I would be placed straight into the Limited Capability for Work Related Group..

Will I still be classed as having ESA Contribution based with a Universal Top Up. As I do not want to lose the ESA Contribution ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #250996 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA (C) Support Group and New Claim to UC
Honey

Yes, you are OK.

If you had legacy ESA with only ESA(CB) in payment then it will be migrated to New Styl ESA which is also a Contribution Based benefit.

So you will still be paid your NS ESA, this will then be treated as Other Income for UC and deducted from your calculated UC payment, the difference will then be paid.

NS ESA pays Class 1 NI Credits, UC pays Class 3 NI Credits, both count towards a full State Pension.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.