× Members

Claiming backdated PIP for Mental Health Mobility

More
3 years 8 months ago #250968 by gaz111
Hi, I had an assessment and received PIP for daily living ( enhances rate ) due to mental health problems. In 2016. I didn’t receive any mobility component. I did ask for a MC on this at the time in 2916 but was immediately told I was not entitled. I’ve just been reading some articles about various rulings that mean some people with mental health conditions can now claim the mobility component. Also, if eligible will this be backdated? I believe I should have been awarded it as I struggle to go out and struggle with bad anxiety when out. My claim is due to be renewed anytime now as my award runs out in a few months. My question is: Is it worth phoning and asking for or if my claim was looked at again after these court rulings to see if I should have been entitled to the mobility component? I know I am soon to be renewing but if I ask now and they find I am elegible that will mean they owe me money from these last few years after the ruling?

Any advice? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #250979 by BIS
Hi Gaz111

There is nothing to stop you from contacting and asking but be warned the DWP said that they would contact the people who they thought were eligible - in which case you should have heard from now. However, that shouldn't stop you from having a go.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.