× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration Notice

More
3 years 7 months ago #251062 by helpme
Mandatory Reconsideration Notice was created by helpme
Hi. I have been through the mandatory reconsideration process during lockdown and have been awarded PIP again but only found this out via the Council contacting me regarding my housing benefit. I therefore phoned the DWP in August and was told that a letter was sent out to me on 20th July which I never received and they said that they would send it again. The letter did not arrive again so I phoned them again and they have now sent me a Statement of Entitlement dated 7th September showing what points I have received and lasts until 2023. They said in their letter that I asked for a PIP Statement of Entitlement when in fact I asked for a copy of the original letter dated 20th July, I asked for what I had been awarded and why. Why would I receive something dated 7th September when I was told a letter was sent out to me originally on 20th July? Should I not have received a mandatory reconsideration notice even though I have been awarded PIP again if case I wanted to appeal? Should I phone them and ask for this? I am worried if I contact them they will change my entitlement to PIP and say I can't have it? Please help. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251097 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Notice
Hi Karen

I can't tell you what to do here. If you want a copy of the letter that was originally sent to you - then you are entitled to see it. All you need to do is that although you are pleased with the statement of entitlement, you would like a copy of the original letter for your records as you never received it. You don't need to say anything about an appeal -unless you're going to put one in. It's stressful for you, but sometimes things do go missing or papers aren't sent out when claimants are told they have been.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: helpme

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.