× Members

Tribunal failure

More
3 years 7 months ago #251067 by Klairepurple
Tribunal failure was created by Klairepurple
Hello folks, I’m just trying to understand what has happened to me. I now realise that I’ve not been prepared properly for any of this process and fell through the gaps and what feels like DWPs game.
I was trying to explain to the assessor what I was like on my worst days but they picked up on the few days I can go out and focused on that. For example I went to a supermarket and they assumed it was a large store where I walked round - more than 50 meters, so trapped me.
Then of course the maniditory reconsideration was ignored and with lockdown it has taken almost 2 years to reach tribunal. The tribunal was by phone so the judge couldn’t see what I walked like and they asked yes or no questions such as did I not say that I went to a supermarket on my own, yes or no, again trapped.
Now I’ve lost and I’m really worried about the next assessment which is now due and the charity that was supposed to be helping me I haven’t found helpful. They have now completed the new reassessment form for me- which was sent off before I could see it because of lockdown and my caseworker working part time and not wanting to send the form late. So now I’m unhappy because I fear the questions haven’t been answered to my advantage. I feel worried that I’m going to be failing again.
Does anyone know if I can withdraw the form and get it redone due to me not seeing it before it was sent off?
Also with my mental health and mobility I feel I need to be saying that I can’t walk more than 20 meters because I get paranoid and I’m overwhelmed and unable to move. So I feel my advisor was wrong in putting between 20-50 meters.
So I’m really concerned and fear the tribunal results will overshadow my new claim despite getting worse. .
Any help or advice is appreciated.
Thanks Claire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.