× Members

PIP AWARDED IN 2019 NO REVIEW DATE IN LETTERS

More
3 years 7 months ago #251090 by newb
Dear Sir

I applied for and was awarded PIP higher rate care and Mobility for my husband in 2019 after involving the MP, however we just received a standard letter from them advising us they had received all the medical evidence to make the decision.

In April 2019, they awarded the benefit, there was no review dates or anything just a letter stating the awards and nothing else - we are very confused as we do not know how to take this award as it is not either final or ongoing and gives no date.

I have contacted them today, they have confirmed they can not confirm that it is a ongoing award and they will now review the matter after investigation, we are dismayed to say the least as we have confirmed last year with them over the phone and they stated if there is no review date on the letter it would be regarded as a Ongoing award.

We have today requested the ESA 85 and the PA4 reports, we just need to obtain advice as we can not understand how they can send letters out without a review date and when you call to clarify they can then state, "OH there now may be a review" how is this even possible and what can we do to complain as the MP who dealt with the matter has since left the area, and we just can not imagine the pain and suffering they will put me and my husband in again - when we had been advised it was a Indefinite period award even as there was no review date on the award letter.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251094 by BIS
Hi newb

I actually know quite a few people who have no review dates on their award letters, although the letters did say they were ongoing awards. All I can tell you is that it does happen and I hope that you receive some clarification from the DWP.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: newb

More
3 years 7 months ago #251102 by newb
After contacting the Office again and asking to speak to a manger, we were advised that the previous advisor was wrong and did have a date they could have provided, which was 2029 for a light touch review, they apologised and confirmed that the will look into why the advisor refused to provide this information and why they originally stated we could not obtain the ESA 85 AND PA45.

It took another 55 minutes to resolve this, but is very disheartening than the Human face of the DWP in certain circumstances is causing claimants hardship, misery and confusion, especially when they have all the information to hand but they deliberately confuse matters.

I suppose its like any one who is having a bad day, the previous advisor was such a case of poor human contact - I would complain and make a written recording of everything you are told with times and dates, I would also complain to a more senior manager if your response is not what you find reasonable, especially considering the evidence you have submitted, I would always involve a MP and if they are worth a vote will help you.

Dont despair please continue, the process is being abused by certain DWP workers hoping you will go away, but if you have the evidence, the illness and support and you know you are right - CARRY ON dont let them wear you down.

This site is a great support for them who have no where else to turn
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
3 years 7 months ago #251106 by BIS
Hi Newb

So glad to hear that you have had a positive outcome out of all the stress. Well done for sticking with it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.