× Members

ESA review timing

More
3 years 7 months ago #251124 by Remix
ESA review timing was created by Remix
Have operations coming up, minor and major, and other very stressful issues are expected to occur, in the coming months..

My read on this has been that nowadays you basically have around two weeks - allowing for postal delays - from receipt to posting to complete the ESA50, and I'm not aware of any extensions.

For some of us, it's hard to contemplate the idea of completing such an important form in such a short time, whilst enduring other issues as well..

Are there any measures in place to defer/postpone/delay return of an ESA review form, should one materialise at the wrong time?

Also is there any pattern to expected delays to reviews at the moment? I would expect due to C19 there to be some backlog..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251133 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA review timing
Hi Remix

I'm sure there is a backlog of reviews, but we know the DWP has started processing them again. What is means for anyone is impossible to say, because it will depend on the current status of a person's claim eg - how soon a review should take place. The only people who can tell you that is the DWP

Is there currently anything in place to give extensions for reviews - not as far as I know. You can only appeal to them if the time arises, but what other people have done in the past is just tick the boxes and said their health won't allow them to write anything. I know that doesn't feel satisfactory, but it's what some people have been forced to do to ensure that a form is returned on time.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Remix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.