× Members

Reasonable adjustment

More
3 years 7 months ago #251126 by Wilson28
Reasonable adjustment was created by Wilson28
I am about to send off my first pip application. I am aware that assessments are telephone based currently due to Covid. I suffer from crippling social anxiety which makes phone calls very difficult. Can I request a paper based assessment. I want to have the best chance of getting an award, would a paper based assessment impact on my chances of success of securing an award.
Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251132 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Reasonable adjustment
Hi Diana

You are free to request a paper-based assessment, but they are unlikely to grant one without a doctor's letter confirming that it would cause you 'overwhelming psychological distress' to have a telephone assessment. Be warned even then the DWP and/or the assessment services sometimes ignore such requests. I've only ever known two people get paper-based without a medical professional's back up.

If you have a paper-based assessment are you chances improved or disadvantaged? it's almost impossible to say in the current circumstances. Paper-based assessments are great in there is no stress or intrusive questions from an assessor, however, they have a disadvantage in that there is no opportunity to clarify any questions the assessor may have or say something you have forgotten on the form.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.