× Members

Uc50 form

More
3 years 7 months ago #251127 by diceman24
Uc50 form was created by diceman24
Hi to all. I just received my uc50 form after claiming universal credit with a month fit Niobe and doctor has now issued a 3 month fit note due to my muscular drystrophy and spinal problems and depression and anxiety conditions with muscular drystrophy morjity of times I’m house bound and have a carer. On the uc50 form do I tick varies on the boxes also I have asked for doctor to give me a letter stating my conditions and medication any advise would be great has I’m stuck on the form thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251141 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Uc50 form
diceman

By ticking "it varies" you are saying that some of the time you can complete the activity and some of the time you cannot, to score you must be unable to do the activity for the majority of the time, this is different from PIP which is the majority of days.

So first of all, read the Descriptors to make sure you understand the criteria against which you are being assessed to make sure whether you can complete the tasks at least some of the time.

If you can complete all of the tasks at least some of the time then I would tick "it varies" but see below.

If you can complete some of the tasks some of the time but there are tasks that you can never complete then I would not, I would mark the tick box "see below" and answer in the comments box or attached pages.

Whatever you do you need to explain in detail how you are limited and for what period. Be aware you are more likely to score if you are limited for most of the time rather than just the majority of the time, realistically reporting you have problems 51% of the time is unlikely to score. If there are tasks that you can never do then state this first and separately from where you explain about tasks you sometimes can.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.