× Members

PIP complaint against assessor and appeal

More
3 years 6 months ago #251147 by Sarah
I applied for PIP for the first time and was awarded standard mobility but was 2 points short of standard living. I completed and MR and received 1 extra point but they still agreed I had been awarded the correct points for preparing food. I am just about to put in for appeal

I want to put in a complaint against the assessor - Do you have any guidance/templates on this please? I can’t see anything in the member guides but not sure if I’ve missed something

I did include a lot of inaccuracies with the assessors report within my MR. However have been too unwell to put the actual complaint in so far .

Would it be okay to lodge my appeal online and then send the complaint into the assessment company after that or should I send the complaint and then lodge the complaint?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #251152 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP complaint against assessor and appeal
Sarah

No, we don't have a template, your complaint will be personal to you so there is no way that we preempt this.

There is a guide; Best possible ways to challenge a PIP medical report that may help you with your letter.

Your complaint will be separate from any appeal that you make although the result of the complaint may be evidence that you can submit in support of your appeal, so it should not matter which order you make them in.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
3 years 6 months ago #251155 by Sarah
Replied by Sarah on topic PIP complaint against assessor and appeal
Thank you. Makes sense about no template
I did use the guide you suggested when I listed all the inaccuracies but will read it again for my complaint paperwork

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.