× Members

PIP Telephone Assessment

More
3 years 7 months ago #251171 by swiftsfield
PIP Telephone Assessment was created by swiftsfield
Apologies but I'm finding it hard to absorb the information I need here. I have received a text asking me to attend a PIP telephone assessment next week. Currently on DLA higher mobility and middle care. I struggle with telephone calls due to mental health esp anxiety. I am also struggling to work out how the assessor will be able to assess mobility on phone. I'm worried won't be able to get my case across due to this. Feel I need support but don't have and thinking of asking family member to assist me but also worried what might happen if delayed. Would be most grateful if anyone has had a telephone assessment and could share their experience? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251177 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Telephone Assessment
M

There is a section in the PIP Claim guide that covers telephone assessments, you should have a read of it.

You can have someone with you for the call or someone dialled into the call if they cannot be physically present.

Hopefully, some of the members who have been through a telephone assessment will reply.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: swiftsfield

More
3 years 7 months ago #251178 by Evelyn
Replied by Evelyn on topic PIP Telephone Assessment
Hi, I had a telephone assessment for PIP renewal in July. I made sure I read the information in the guides and I made sure I was completely prepared. I had copies of my renewal form and all the information I had sent with me on the call.I printed off the list of questions in the PIP guide and ensured I could answer them all, always ensuring I stressed how my disabilities affect me, rather than just talking about my medical conditions.
I did myself a tick chart of things I wanted to say, for example I made sure I told the assessor I was sat in a comfy seat, had a glass of water with me and had the phone on hands free.
I reviews all the PIP areas, and reread my renewal form to stress all the points I had made. I also made a list of the aids I use and on the call ticked them off as I covered them.
As my disability restricts my walking, I measured 20 meters and timed myself walking it (and timed how long I paused) I then got my husband who has no disability to walk it for comparison and shared this info on the call. I made myself a list of a typical day (using the diary pages on this site)
My assessor was polite, friendly and actually prompted me re aids! I found the experience much more pleasant than a face to face which I have had previously.
I made sure I phoned DWP after 48 hours to get a copy of the report which was very detailed and accurate.
My disabilities are all physical and for most of my working life I dealt with the public , face to face and telemarketing so I appreciate your circumstances are very different, my top tip is be prepared! Good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, Phillipswife, an ex nurse, sweetpea, swiftsfield, Gary, organic

More
3 years 7 months ago #251188 by swiftsfield
Replied by swiftsfield on topic PIP Telephone Assessment
Many thanks for your very helpful feedback, much appreciated.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.