× Members

Is the newsletter still being produced and...?

More
3 years 7 months ago #251180 by IamShell
I renewed my subscription in January this year and noticed I've not had any newsletter emails in a good while. I think it pre-dates Covid. I completely understand if the current situation means there is no newsletter, but I'd hate to think it is and I'm not receiving it. I've not changed email etc.
Thanks.

Also, sorry to go off-topic and nab this on the end, but how is Covid affecting reassessments? Does anyone know? I'm specifically talking about ESA. I was assessed again almost two years ago and stupidly, through anxiety, didn't enquire as to how long I had been placed in the SG. The way things are with GPs at the moment I'm terrified if they reassess soon, amid this climate, it will be impossible to get any medical evidence (esp as I'm now solely under the care of the GP as the consultants can't do more to help my condition. Anyone know anything?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #251182 by Gary
Hi IamShell

Yes the news letter is still going out once a fortnight on a Wednesday usually about 1.00 pm. If you have not received it then re-register for a copy of the newsletter.

You can read previous newsletters in the Latest News section of the Benefits and Work website.www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news?utm_sourc...ing+Ltd&utm_content=

I have noticed over the last few weeks that if you scroll down the page on the forum a newsletter reminder pops up to sign up.

ESA is an indefinite award so you will remain in the Support group until a new decision is made.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IamShell, Bud

More
3 years 7 months ago #251194 by IamShell
Replied by IamShell on topic Is the newsletter still being produced and...?
Hi Gary,
Thanks for replying. Not sure why I was unsubscribed but I'll try re-registering, as you say. Thanks for the link to the previous newsletters I've missed.
Also, I know I'll stay in the SG until a new decision is made, but I just wondered if there were delays for ESA reassessments in this current climate. I wish now I'd asked how long the award was for at the time of my last assessment a couple of years ago nearly. It's a bit scary seeing the PIP posts where people are saying they have to allow two weeks to get their form back, and it's really difficult to get medical evidence at the moment, I imagine.
Thanks again.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251198 by BIS
Hi IamShell

If you are really worried then you could ring up and ask when you're likely to be assessed, or you could just leave it and try to stop worrying about it. (That's easier said than done, I know). Yes, they have a back log - but how quickly it will be cleared, no one knows and they had one (though they didn't officially admit it) before the lockdown. Worrying about the brown envelope coming through the door, when you have no idea when it will come is no good for you. So ring and find out (and they may not know), or just try and put it aside as best you can.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.