× Members

Reporting a change for PIP

More
3 years 7 months ago #251223 by jench@n
Reporting a change for PIP was created by jench@n
Hi All,
I'm reaching out for advice on whether to report a change in circumstances for my child's PIP?
My child is currently in receipt of the standard rate for daily living and the enhanced rate for mobility. However since the covid-19 lockdown their condition has worsened and is now on medication which I have to administer and their mental health has deteriorated even further where we are now on constant watch. I realise the DWP will require new forms and a reassessment if I report a change, my concerns are that with a reassessment could the DWP potentially take away what has already been awarded instead of granting further support?
Anyone here reported changes where the claimant has got worse and rather than getting further support had their PIP taken away altogether for doing so? Also whilst a reassessment takes place will the PIP payments stop during this period?
Any advice would much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251224 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Reporting a change for PIP
jlc

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Are you your child's appointee? If not then you will not have authority to act on their behalf.

Putting that aside for the moment, a deteriorated condition does not always mean a higher award; they may not score any additional points or even if they do, they may not score sufficiently for an Enhanced award.

So, the first thing you should do is have a look at our PIP Claim guide to make sure that they will reasonably score the extra points needed for a higher award.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you decide to report a change then you should do so in writing to the DWP office dealing with your child's claim, if you can send it using a Tracked post so you have proof of delivery, the date of your letter should be used to set the Start Date of any new award.

Reporting a Change will result in a new PIP2 and a full reassessment of your child's claim, you/they need to complete the form in detail and provide evidence as you can, even if it has been sent before.

Be aware, the Decision that will result will supersede their existing award, whatever that Decision is.

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jench@n

More
3 years 7 months ago #251234 by jench@n
Replied by jench@n on topic Reporting a change for PIP
Hi Gordon,

Thank you so much for the advice.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.